What is business management
What is business management?
Businesses have a platter of activities that have to be kept in line for the proper functioning. In a country like India where many start-ups dwell but are never able to sustain in the market, one of the major reasons for the downfall of many companies can be a failure in the administration of the business and its activities.
Business management deals with management and handling of all the business activities including customers, supervision and administration of finance, accounting, and marketing aspects of a business.
Business management has emerged as one of the major career options against the mainstream career prospects like engineering and doctoring.
A person holding a degree in business management would mean a person has a broad understanding of specific business-related aspects such as customers, marketing plans and strategies, account management and business plans and strategies.
Concepts of Business Management are:
- Business operations: that involves a set of business processes that aim to achieve a particular goal.
- Business process: means a set of activities targeting a particular goal to deliver a service or product.
Eligibility Criteria and Degrees in Business Management:
Undergraduate Business Management Courses
Entry Level: 10+2 in any stream
A person aspiring to undertake a course in business management should have the following skills/ interests which he develops during his tenure as a scholar of BBA.
- Leadership qualities
- Good communication skills
- An ability to be involved with the team
- Capability to sustain pressure and to handle people under stressful situations
- There are a number of jobs where a business management degree is useful:
- Sales executive
- Logistics and distribution manager
- Human resource manager
Importance of choosing Business Management Studies:
- Scope for improving business knowledge and skills
- Opportunities to meet peers and build a network
- Acquaintance with practical knowledge
Studying business management involves getting a taste of practical exposure with respect to different aspects of business management in various fields like operations, economics, etc. This ensures that students can adapt to any situation at hand and take the best decisions under any circumstances.
- An ample number of good job opportunities:
- Having studied business management, one can attain a job opportunity in any sector of the market. Business management studies also provide jobs in mid-level and upper-level management positions in various sectors such as banking, fashion, medicine, media, etc.
- Learning Teamwork:
- For a business to work efficiently, teamwork is necessary. It is important that every team member co-ordinates with each other and contributes to the growth of the business.
Managing people:With business management studies, one learns to manage people with respect to understanding the problems, issues and grievances of the employees, motivating the employees to work better and what each employee can deliver. Such aspects help the business operations to work efficiently in order to achieve a common goal.
Qualities gained after doing Business Management Studies-
- Marketing skills
Future Prospects for Business Management Studies:Focusing on areas such as business and economics operations etc., graduates of business management studies are highly equipped with knowledge of handling business-managing employees and making them highly sought-after graduates in all sectors of the industry.
Graduates of business management studies have gained employment in a wide range of sectors in the business world such as marketing, sales,, finance, banking , retail etc or they have become themselves the Business Entrepreneurs.